Slickr Gallery (discontinued)
Update: Discontinued. See here.
Download it | See it in action
Latest version: 0.6.2, released on 2007/12/11
Slickr Gallery is a very fast, bandwidth-friendly photo gallery plugin for WordPress. It allows you to pull your Flickr-hosted photos into a gallery section of your blog, as well as easily add Flickr-hosted images to your posts and pages. It is especially useful for people with many Flickr albums/photos.
Slickr Gallery needs a Lightbox plugin to work properly.
This plugin is fully open-source: you are free to use, modify, and redistribute it under the terms of the GPL. This plugin is provided ‘as is’, meaning it is unsupported and comes with no official technical support.
- To install, place the slickr-gallery folder into your /wp-content/plugins/ folder. Log in as admin to activate it (under the Plugins tab), and change Slickr’s settings under Options -> Slickr Gallery.
- Also activate the Slickr Widget or Hemingway Block if so desired.
- Your web server/PHP setup will need to have the libcurl library installed in order for this plugin to work.
- You need to change your post options from the default ?=172 to /year/month/day/ or /postname/.
- You will need the widgets plugin and a widget-compatible WordPress theme to use the Slickr Widget.
Please read the README.txt included with Slickr Gallery.
Slickr Gallery is fully customizable via CSS.
- More code optimizations.
- A few more options for the user.
- 2007-12-11: Updated style sheets, gallery thumbnail size is adjustable, bugfixes.
- 2007-12-09: Album selection/deselection now works.
- 2007-11-03: Major under-the-hood tweaks. Available in WordPress plugin repository.
- 2007-09-09: Safari fixes.
- 2007-09-06: little fixes.
- 2007-08-22: Widget works, intelligent AJAX loading of gallery, minor code speed ups, more valid XHTML.
- 2007-03-16: Lots of little fixes, improvements and tweaks. Photos tab now works on WP 2.0.x.
- 2007-02-19: Migrated to phpFlickr 2.0. Even faster, no more XML parsing, libxml no longer needed.
- 2007-02-18: Massive speedups, made the plugin actually work, etc etc.
- 2007-02-15: Fixed issues with posting images in blog entries, themes gracefully implemented (consult the included README.txt), albums can be hidden, Hemingway block included in slickr/flickr/themes/hemingway/block/
- 2007-01-27: Added template for the Default (K2) wordpress theme. Added themes directory. Lots of little changes.
- 2007-06-05: Fixed issue with blog post integration. Works with WP 2.2
Post comments here. PLEASE READ THE INCLUDED readme.txt BEFORE POSTING A COMMENT!